Day 51 – Sunday, December 22, 1996
Nasca, Peru to (somewhere near) Abancay, Peru
Miles – 251
We were up at the crack of dawn, fuelled up and were away……..
- Dave is my kind of ridding buddy, no intrest in sight seeing, just ride and collect stickers
- Peruvian meals include fried fish, rice and salad for 3-4 sols ($1.50)
- Most Peruvian bathrooms consist of no hot water, toilet seat or toilet paper
- Without warning the tarmac ended and the hardship began
- Jim hits his least favorite riding condition and slams into the side of a volcanic wall.
- The most spectacular 300kms I«ve ever seen
- Surrounded with 50 to 70 people every time we stop
- Virtually an untravelled road by tourists
- Mud, rain, hail, rocks, sun, total darkness and cold
- In all it took us 12 hours to go 400kms
- In total darkness we found a dirty, stinky, run down hotel room in the middle of know where, salvation from the rain
- Felt sorry for Leanne, being on the back for that many hours of dirt road.